Dryer Vent Cleaning Process
The Dryer Vent Cleaning Process — Saves Lives and Money.
Cleaning your lint screen is simply not enough to ensure an efficient, safe dryer. Even a cleaned lint screen traps only 75% of the lint produced inside a dryer. The rest of the lint builds up over time inside the dryer vent, becoming a fire hazard, as dryer lint is highly flammable and has the potential to ignite at any time.
A dryer with restricted airflow also runs significantly longer, causing utility costs to rise, increasing the need for repairs and decreasing the life of the dryer. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure your clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient.
Dryer Vent Cleaning — Step by Step:
- Technician removes and cleans lint trap.
- Technician takes the measurement of airflow using an air flow meter at the exterior dryer vent.
- The back of the dryer is topically cleaned, as this is where lint can accumulate.
- The dryer vent and flexible ducting from the wall are visually inspected using a video inspection system.
- The HEPA vacuum system is connected to the dryer vent duct. The dryer duct auger is run through the duct to remove any blockages.
- Airflow is measured again to gauge improvement before and after cleaning.
- The video inspection system is used again for post cleaning inspection.